Thursday, June 28, 2007

Sharing of Experience - Q & A

1. How could I know I am qualified to be a local Chapter host or not?

According to March issue of VOICE, IAC has stated that the purpose of establishing a local Chapter is for (1) to strengthen IAC membership on a local level, (2) to connect on an international level and (3) to support the IAC's mission to inspire the on-going evolution and application of universal coaching standards, we believe whoever are IAC members and have a passion and vision of the mentioned points are well beyond the qualification. However, before you commit to be a local Chapter host, there should be a clear understanding on how much time you could and willing to share with and what is your vision and goal. Well, we like IAC's practice by putting up powerful questionnaire for us to think deeper. Click here to see the HK Chapter's feedback on the questionnaire.

2. Will I have financial support in running a local Chapter?

The answer we got so far is "none" in an aspect of monetary support at this early stage of the exercise. However, we are still having a passion to run a local Chapter for building a supportive environment for coaches and potential coaches who are serious to become a masterful coach and about certification in assuring the benifit of their clients.

3. Can I run my local Chapter in my local language?

IAC is an international organization and they welcome us to run our local Chapter in our local language. Therefore, we plan to run HK Chapter in Chinese (Cantonese) first. When we are getting more structural, we may extend to bilingual according to the resourses and needs. We also let our Chapter Blog to naturally running in multi-language (Chinese, English and Japanese) . We feel its fun!

4. How to get people joining my first kick off meeting?

I believe "Nobody can fight alone." Therefore, no matter how many friends and coaching buddies I have and to whom I will send invitation for attending my first kick off Chapter meeting, I need to open up myself first in order to welcome new comers. Thus, I was bold enough to give a workshop at HKICC to sharing my certification journey and there I have made at least over 10 new friends who are interested in IAC Certification.

5. Am I still fit after running the Chapter for 6 months?

It's a good question? I found the purpose of the attendants coming to the Chapter have shifted a bit. At the beginning, they came to see what is IAC HK Chapter and how this Chapter could help them in their coaching learning and development. After 6 months, we have gathered a group of experienced and new coaches who are serious about the IAC Certification and learning of the 9 Masteries. About 9 people has joined the IAC membership from here. Isn't it something for celebration!? I, therefore would like to answer you that I am fit and progressing in hosting the IAC HK Chapter. And I foresee that, upon several coaches get certified, they may like to develop a buddy circle in their coaching business development. From there, we may advance to covering some topics on business development. 19 April 2008

No comments: